Michelin Power 5 Tires
Enter the Power 5: Michelin's next generation sportbike tire.
Improving upon the Michelin Power RS, the Power 5 Tire is at the apex of street riding tire technology. Eclipsing the former RS's dry performance and adding even better wet-weather grip, the Power 5 is as superb as a daily ridden tire can be. Michelin’s Adaptive Casing Technology uses a single ply carcass at an angle close to 90° to increase grip and pliability at the crown of the tire, yet folds that single ply over on itself on each sidewall to stiffen it - resulting in less sidewall flex and better tracking through corners.
An 11% void ratio is matched between front and rear tire sizes. Rubber compounds use a mix of Michelin's proprietary 2CT and 2CT+ silica blends to balance longevity with dry and wet performance. The patented "velvet" sidewall treatment creates just one more reason for onlookers to ogle your ride's new shoes.
- Incorporates ACT (Adaptive Casing Technology) developed from Michelin race tires for improved grip and unique feel
- Front tire profile optimized to promote quick turn in and accurate feedback
- 2CT compound used on the front tire to enhance corner grip without compromising longevity
- 2CT+ compound on rear tire reduces sidewall flex at lean and increases corner exit stability
- Outstanding grip in wet or dry conditions
- Tubeless (TL)
- (W)-rated for speeds of 168+ mph